Contest entry begins on February 14, 2019 at 12:01AM Pacific Standard Time and ends on April 11, 2019 at 11:59PM Pacific Standard Time (the “Entry Period”).
2. Sponsors. The Contest is organized and sponsored by Unity Technologies ApS, a Danish corporation with offices at Løvstræde 5, DK-1150 Copenhagen K, Denmark (“Unity”) and Allegorithmic SAS, a French limited liability company with registered office at 3 avenue Julien, 63000 Clermont-Ferrand, France (“Allegorithmic” and together with Unity, “Sponsors”).
“Sponsor Affiliates” refers to any and all entities that directly or indirectly control, are controlled by or under common control with a Sponsor. “Contest Partners” refers to those sweepstakes, advertising and other Contest agencies of Sponsors, including National Sweepstakes Company.
3. Eligibility. You may enter the Contest as an individual or as a team of two individuals. You are eligible to enter this Contest if each entrant meets all of the following requirements as of the time and date of entry submission: (i) you are at least 18 years of age (or older age of majority, if applicable in your place of residence); (ii) you are NOT a resident of Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, or Syria, due to U.S. Export regulations and you are NOT a resident of the Quebec providence of Canada or the countries of Brazil or Italy; (iii) you have NOT won a prize from Sponsors or Sponsor Affiliates within the last twelve (12) months; (iv) you are NOT an employee of Sponsor, Sponsor Affiliates or any Contest Partner nor an immediate family member or household member of any such employee; (v) you represent yourself as an individual and are not entering into the Contest or submitting an Entry on behalf of your employer or as an agent for any third party; and (vi) you are NOT prohibited by an employment or similar contract or by any applicable law or regulation from participating in this Contest.
It is your responsibility to review and understand your employer’s policies about your eligibility to participate in the Contest. If you participate in violation of your employer’s policies, you and your Entry may be disqualified.
4. How to Enter. To enter the Contest, you must be eligible as provided by Section 3 and complete the steps below. Limit of one (1) entry per individual/team entrant. Sponsors are not responsible for any entry (or part thereof) that they do not receive or any entry that is inaccessible or illegible.
5. Entry Criteria & Restrictions. Create new props, environments and/or characters which live in the world envisioned by Buried Memories using any modeling workflow you’d like. Your “Entry” must be your original work, embedded into a Unity (version 2017.4 or higher) project using a standard shader and textured in Substance. Your entry must be accepted to the Unity Asset Store and include a title, description of the project and a demo scene showcasing your creation.
You may access texture functionality in the Substance suite software with export maps or through Unity LiveLink. You may use .sbsar files in the project provided the .sbsar textures are your original work. Standard shading may include HDRP. We encourage you to submit work-in-progress posts for your Entry to Unity Connect.
An Entry (including all component parts) may not have been submitted by you or anyone else to Sponsors or Sponsor Affiliates in another promotion within the last twelve (12) months. An Entry may not include any content or material that is: inappropriate, obscene, offensive, sexually explicit, pornographic, or tortious; promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, or tobacco; violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to rights of privacy, publicity and intellectual property rights; is inconsistent with the message, brand, or image of Sponsors; or is unlawful or contrary to laws or regulations of the governing jurisdiction of these Rules or the jurisdiction in which the Entry was created.
You must have obtained necessary rights from any and all third-parties whose concepts, content or materials are used in your Entry prior to posting details on Sponsor websites or submitting your Entry to Sponsors. You may not create your Entry by any means which violate these Rules or any terms applicable to the content, software, websites or systems (including Sponsors’ EULA, General Terms and Conditions, terms of service, website terms and privacy policies) you used to create your Entry.
6. Winner Selection & Announcement. Entries will be evaluated by a panel of judges selected by Sponsors. The judges’ determinations will be final and binding in all respects. Judges will award each Entry a number of points based upon the following criteria and 100-point scale:
All prizes will be awarded to registered Contest entrants and are non-transferable. No winner substitutions for cash, alternate goods or services, or any other prize are permitted. Sponsors reserve the right to provide a substitute prize of approximately equal value for any reason. PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS-IS” WITH NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
All federal, state, and local or any other applicable taxes, license, title, registration or other fees and costs, associated with the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. Sponsors, Sponsor Affiliates, Contest Partners and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents and assigns, will not be responsible for any such taxes, fees or costs. Additional prize details not specified in these Rules, if any, will be determined by Sponsors.
Prizes will be awarded within a commercially reasonable time frame following the Contest winner announcements. Potential winners may be required to complete and sign additional documentation, including publicity releases and tax documents, in order to claim a prize. Only prizes claimed in accordance with these Rules will be awarded.
8. How Entries May be Used.
Sponsors do not claim to own the Entry; however, by submitting an Entry you do grant to Sponsors and Sponsor Affiliates a non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free, world-wide right and license to review and analyze your Entry in relation to this Contest and to use your Entry (or parts thereof) in any media for any purpose in connection with the marketing and promotion of Sponsors, Sponsor Affiliates and their respective products and services.
You further acknowledge and agree that: (i) personal data you submit in connection with your Contest entry will be used by Sponsors and Sponsor Affiliates in accordance with Section 9 of these rules; (ii) you will execute any necessary paperwork for Sponsors and Sponsor Affiliates to use the rights and licenses so granted; (ii) you will not be compensated, and may not be credited, for Sponsors’ and Sponsor Affiliates’ use of your Entry as described in these Rules; (iv) Sponsors and Sponsor affiliates will not be responsible for any unauthorized use of your Entry by any visitors to the public websites or social media channels where your Entry is posted; and (v) where Sponsors or Sponsor Affiliates have developed or commissioned materials similar to your Entry, you hereby waive any claims you may have related to such similar works.
Subject to the provision of Prizes, Sponsors and Sponsor Affiliates will not be obligated to use your Entry in any way, even if selected as a winning Entry in the Contest.
9. Your Personal Data and Privacy
10. Limitation of Liability.
By entering this Contest, all entrants agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless Sponsors, Sponsor Affiliates, Contest Partners and their repspective employees, officers, directors, and representatives from any claims, losses, and damages arising out of their participation in this Contest or any Contest-related activities and the acceptance and use, misuse, or possession of any prize awarded hereunder.
Sponsors assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operation or transmission; communications line failure; theft or destruction of or unauthorized access to Contest entries or entry forms; or alteration of entries or entry forms. Sponsors are not responsible for any problems with or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, human errors of any kind, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrants' or any other persons' computers related to or resulting from participation, uploading or downloading of any materials related to in this Contest.
To the extent permitted by law, the rights to litigate, seek injunctive relief or make any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with this Contest are hereby excluded and all entrants expressly waive any and all such rights.
11. Disqualification; Sponsor Reserved Rights.
Sponsors reserve the rights to (i) verify the entrant’s identity and address and validity and originality of any entry and (ii) disqualify any entrant who is ineligible or who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Official Rules or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those At their discretion as they deem appropriate under the circumstances, your disqualification may be applied to any other contest or promotional activity of Sponsors or Sponsor Affiliates.
If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, due to infection by computer virus, bugs, worms, trojan horses, denial of service attacks, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsors that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsors reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual(s) who tamper with the entry process and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest.
12. Additional Terms and Condition.
You agree that this Contest shall be subject to and governed by the laws of the state of California.
You may choose to publish your Entry as a paid Asset on the Unity Asset Store, in which case you hereby waive your rights to payment by Sponsors, Sponsor Affiliates and Contest Partners for their use in connection with this Contest and any other contrary licensing restrictions contained in the Unity Asset Store Terms of Service and EULA.
Your use of any other products and services in connection with the Contest (including Substance Painter), whether required by these Rules or not, are subject to the terms and conditions and/or end user license agreements associated with such products or services. To extend of your trial version of Substance Painter through the Entry Period of the Contest, contact Allegorithmic at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the event any clause or provision of these Rules prove unenforceable, void or incomplete, the validity of the other conditions will remain unaffected.
© 2019 Unity Technologies. Unity Technologies ApS, Unity Technologies, Unity and their respective logos, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Unity Technologies ApS or its Affiliates. All rights reserved. 2019 Allegorithmic SAS. Substance and Allegorithmic are registered trademarks of Allegorithmic SAS. All rights reserved.